Tuesday 17 March 2009

I want to be like you

I want to be like Jasper for his Brains
Or like Charlie’s for her perceptive skills
Or like Emily for her Faith
Or like Roseanna for her Guts
Or like Jodie for her Organisation
Or like Helen for her Spark
Or be as wise as Luke
Or to be like Abe for his Leadership skills
Or to be as beautiful as Penny
Or to have self-discipline like my mum
Or AJ’s Honesty
Or Rachel’s ability to withstand the knocks that keep being thrown at her
Or my brothers Charisma

I was listening to I want to be just like you (sorry not the Disney version) Here are some of the lyrics

“Got to admit I've got so far to goMake so many mistakes and I'm sure that You knowSometimes it seems no matter how hard I tryWith all the pressures in life I just can't get it all right”
The song talks about the pressures of life. This week I have put all my pressures aside and still I can’t get it right.

I was told ages ago that I was my own worse critic, but to be honest I don’t criticise myself enough. What an Amazing beautiful God that can forgive and Love this great big mess.

I like a guy (see earlier post) or more I thought I did but when it came down the crunch time of it I realised that it was nothing more than me trying to fill up my only loneliness. I don’t want a relationship like that. I don’t want to be in one just purely to satisfy my own needs.

Next thing is I either can’t stop eating or I don’t at all. Both extremities are not exactly ideal. I’m trying to satisfy my hunger for something more something greater.

So what’s the answer? God should be enough for me. I say should because at the moment I’m continually wanting. I’m not content or happy with what God has given me. I shouldn’t want to be like my friends and loved ones. I shouldn’t want so much food or a guy just purely because I am not satisfied fully. I shouldn’t want to look like Penny or Pretend to be someone or something that I’m not.

I should accept and celebrate in the fact that I don’t have the same abilities that my friends have or if I do have similar abilities he hasn’t given me them to the same degree. I even know why that is. Its because of the fact God has shaped me differently to them to achieve different things for him. I should celebrate in that not feel disappointed or envious.

Please pray that I Throw away all this unhelpful and negetive thoughts, idea's and wants so my eyes can stay just on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment