Saturday 14 March 2009

hmm

So as you can proberly tell uni essay writing isn't going to well.

I haven't left it to the last minute which hopefully means I have learnt my lesson (thank you God)

I have a friend who is not exactly living as God would want her too. We have sat down and talked about it but still she continues to do it.

I felt hurt and disappointed at the fact that my friend struggles so much with it and that it continues. I know and I understand her motivation behind it but I still feel hurt. It made me question a lot of things.

Do I have a right to be hurt? Why am I feeling hurt?

I then thought about the times I have disappointed people and hurt them, how upset and annoyed I get for hurting the people I care about. Does she feel the same?

What about God in all this? Sometimes he seems distance? sometimes he seem's far away and like he is not listening? but How many times do we break his heart? How many times do we not care? How many times do we hide behind our excuses and our insecurities and end up disappointing him? How many times are we tired? or we make him the last thought in the day?

I know most of you have heard it all before (in fact I think all of you have) but When we do right Gods sings over us. we make him so happy he sings. (Zephaniah 3 v 18) We can do a lot wrong but with Gods help we can do some good too.

My friend Mim gave me this analogy about how god can use us.

A dad has a young son. he brings home a flatpack wardrobe (possibly IKEA) for the Son's bedroom. The Dad could put together the wardrobe in two seconds flat. He doesn't need help doing it. He has put together things like this countless times.

He realises that It will take him a lot longer but he decides to let his son help build it. He guides his son through the instructions, through putting the base together and assembling the doors.

The Son now an Adult (and a Carpenter) remembers putting that wardrobe together with his dad. remembers how to put a base together and how to assemble the doors. The dad didn't need his sons help, he wanted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment