Monday 13 April 2009

accepting acceptance

I've mentioned it before but I am reading this amazing book at the moment called mirror, mirror. I will be putting in a few of the key points from the book but I wont do it justice.

I guess one of things i have discovered about myself is that I aim to get peoples approval. I have always felt that I am not good enough and that I have a need to be a certain way for people to love me.

This book really showed me that the worldtells you in order to be loved you need to have something loveable about you. A nice smell, a cute nose, a vibrant personality, blounde hair.

But the big point is we don't deserve to be loved.

This is not written to lower anyone self esteem but we dont I most certainly dont. I'm Selfish, I lie, I seek approval and praise (point being that I don't deserve it, by me stealing it God doesn't get the glory - more on this in a later blog)

Back to not deserving to be loved (got sidetracked)

God loves us anyway. We dont deserve it. We dont have lovable attributes we dont need them. God has so much love he accepts us as his children. he accepts the unacceptable.

So excited in the fact that I am completely unacceptable but I loved anyway. prayers please that I learn to accept that I am truely accepted.

Wooo our god is awesome

1 comment:

  1. And She made you to be pretty Ace also. It is important to remember that we do good stuff and are good people, yeah we mess up and God loves us inspite of all the gubbins. But i think we do need love, and i do think we should and are meant to be loved.

    We don't desearve Grace but that is what God gives so freely.

    Even when your phone is a big bum i still love you x

    ReplyDelete