Saturday 21 February 2009

taking for granted....

Did you ever wonder about just how much stuff you take for granted?

To be honest a lot of the time I don't feel appresiated. A lot of the stuff I do I don't do it so that I feel appresiated and loved etc etc I do it for God and for the other people around me. I just wish that people would say thank you.

While I was thinking about this I was wondering all the stuff I take for Granted. like its all fair and good me saying that but how many times to I do it. How many times do I not say Thank you for something?

I think the worst part of it is God. I feel he never truely gets as much thanks as he deserves.
I was doing my chill out with God time and I put music on. It hit me I couldn't imagine being deaf. Not being able to hear the ocean when the waves roll in. Or be able to hear children laughing. or even your favourite music.

what about sight. The view from outside my window is amazing especially when the sun sets. Imagine not being able to see your childs face when you first gve birth to them or have no idea what a smile looked like.

I was working out how difficult drinking would be without glasses (Yes, I am sure the smart ones among you could refer to Gideons adventures in Judges) or what my life would be without my friends. Or even for the fact that I know God. Even without the promise of heaven being my home the fact I know him and I have a relationship with him is the greatest gift in all of the world.

Parents how many times have I got annoyed by them or hurt them but really I am so fortunate by having them. my prayer is that God opens my eyes to the people and the stuff I take for Granted and I have the wisdom to remember to say thank you for things just so other people feel appresiated.

No comments:

Post a Comment