Monday 23 February 2009

food poisioning

I have decided there is nothing fun about being Ill. Especially when its all down to Sausage and Mash!!!!

Some people see retirement as a joy being able to lay infront of the TV all day watching Trash and getting fat. Laying in until 11.

I hate it!!!!!!!!! I realise one of my main problems is sitting still. I dont concentrate in lectures without taking notes. I cant read without music blaring. Im a fidgiter. Even when we go to the pub I peel the label of my J2O bottle just so I am doing something. Im trying to work out why that is.

Over the last 48 hours I have slept 35 of them. I have nearly fainted, thrown up my own body weight (which I realise is impossible I just wrote that for dramatic effect) and watched the sound of music for the first time in my life. ( i now realised the toture that my mother was protecting me from all those years)

I also know all I am doing is feeling sorry for myself and being stupid. but I have also realised just how inspiring and encouraging I find Jackie and my mum.

Jackie, Never complains about her disease. she only ever mentions to people when she is in pain to get them to pray for her. Her mind and Heart is set completely on God's Incredible Grace. She says strong. She inspires me how she has come to terms with her illness and her faith in Gods Will and his plan for her life. I go to homegroup with this women. Our homegroup is like a family. you see people at there best and there worst she never complains, Never grumbles she just continues to praise God and serve him by serving others.

Next is my mum, She ate the dreaded Sausage and Mash with the Cameralised Onion Gravy too and although we shared a day feeling sorry for ourselfs. my mum got up this morning and went to work. she got on with it. honestly I feel like I can say I know how she is feeling and I am amazed at her. I dont know anyone who is less selfish or more hardworking than her.

I aspire to be more liek these women. I am now getting off my bum. going to go and have a shower, stop feeling sorry for myself and try to hold down a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment