Thursday 21 May 2009

my new bucket list

I have been thinking recently about his partly because what was brought up on Sunday and partly because of my own guilt (if thats the right word)

I dont need to do all those things I wrote before sure they will be awesome life experiences and I aim to do them at some point but I dont need to do them.

I want to be happy, content with my life. I want to be able to need God and only him. To only seek to please him.

I want to want to be able to do these things without having all my other selfish wants and "needs"


but I won't give them up as much as Iwant to say that I will happily give up everything for God I still crave the daft things. like a marriage and a dog.

I pray that God will teach me how to just want him and nothing else

2 comments:

  1. I don't think we are supposed to just want God!! I think as that relationship comes first it is good to have desires and dreams, it is what makes us human. God understands this, heck thats why he gave adam eve.

    Its ok to want things. As long as you want God more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that what the passage was all about? Steep yourself in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Luke 12:29-30! The Message.

    ReplyDelete