Thursday 21 May 2009

Family V's Church

Since I was a Teenager I have battled with my Family regarding this.

I think at the time I was just so selfish and overwhelmed by feelings that I could not grasp the other side of the picture.

With recent arguements with friends (if we can even call it an arguement) I realised how very important it is to see the other side of the situation.

I realise now that the fights and the rows we had were not that they objected to me being a christian but more that I was doing something that they didn't understand and I was (in a sense) growing away from them. I became someone they didn't know and there daughter changed completely at a distance from them.

I was living with them but I was also so far away.

My family are bound to be upset at the fact I consider my church 'my family'. and are bound to some degree feel left out when I go to the church for help, for advice, for comfort instead of them.

I guess what Im trying to say is I was an idiot. A complete one. Parents are people too. I didnt look at it from both sides and for that Im sorry.

They still get upset and still dont understand but they arent going to until they become christians themselves.

my living situation and family life is not ideal but its home. its been so hard but I didnt make it easier. If my Parents ever decided to read my blog. Im so sorry. I love you and I hope I make you proud (even if that does mean I dont become a millionaire and instead live in a shed)

Please Pray that the years of arguements and misunderstandings that have created this rift inbetween us is removed and that our relationship is repaired and that maybe just maybe christ's light might shine through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment