Sunday 9 August 2009

Abey baby

I was thinking about writing a blog on Abe for a long time.

It was recently the last Ignite actually when I realised just how huge of a part he has had in my life, whether indirectly or directly. The bloke gets a lot of stick. (I gave him a great deal) but still when I needed some one to stand up for me. He fought my corner.

I was thinking of times when I started to do Rock Solid. I so scared to be around people I put a bit of a bonkers confident mask on but Abe reasurred me and encouraged me to do it. It is now because of that encouragement that GBC feels like home and the people feel more like my family.

He was there when I came back to church after months of doing a bit of a Jonah and doing the opposite of what was right. I was a youth under him in which I learnt a great deal about what it meant to be a christian.

He challenged me throughout my times of being a youth leader making meditate more on my hows, what, and whys?

He has watched me grow, prayed for me, and sacrifies his own needs for me.

Today I turned 21 I am an adult everywhere in the world. It a bit of a big day but you know what. Abe has had something to do with getting me this far. He has mentioned a few times how I have gone from a scared nervous public speaker to giving sermons and part of that was his encouragement and faith in me.

Today I also found out his Mum has died. My heart is with him, I have a lump in my throat for his sadness and I am praying for him. I want to do something to help something to ease the pain but I know only Jesus can do that. Although this is happened. I am willing to bet money (well I am not but I am certain off it ) that Abe will be trying to work out how to get back to Zambia and make in back in time for Soul Survivor not for any other reason than to serve the young people of GBC.

So Abe If you ever read this, Thank you!! I am sorry for all the times I have moaned at you and for all the times I have been unkind.

I thank God for revealing to me how huge of a part you have had in my life just so I could make the most of your time left in Goddie and not take our friendship for granted anymore

1 comment:

  1. I second that. Abe is very special. He has the ability to light up the room - probably because he radiates a bit of God's love where ever he goes. Peace and love to a special friend. Sid

    ReplyDelete